Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are integral to the success of businesses today. Companies with diverse workforces are more likely to financially outperform their peers and excel in areas ranging from employee retention to innovation. Leveraging different perspectives contributes to a more complete understanding of opportunities and issues, fostering better decision-making and competitive advantages.
We are committed to advancing DE&I in leadership and really understand the value in helping organisations to shape high performing teams and the importance of diversity and inclusion in doing so. Holmes Noble in itself is a truly diverse organisation that employs a wide range of diverse individuals with different characteristics at all levels which allows a more inclusive place for people. This represents 47% female and 53% male, in addition 12% BAME and 6% disabled.
We are passionate and feel strongly that we can make a difference through our client offering and market approach in actively partnering with our clients to help advance their diversity and inclusion objectives. We focus on equity and equality when presenting candidates, with the goal of increasing the representation of historically under-represented and under-resourced groups in senior leadership roles.
We will provide confidence that all avenues have been explored to enable diverse shortlists incorporating; gender, BAME backgrounds and leadership style. We do this by:
- Ensuring our research and candidate activity is balanced and open-minded.
- Shape the role description and person specifications to ensure open and accessible language, to remove barriers and encourage wide ranging interest.
- Ensuring social media coverage and any advertising articulates a commitment to diversity.
- Working in hand with charities that enable and energise’s people who increase the participation, contribution, and success of women and BAME representation in the UK’s scientific, technology and engineering (STEM) workforce.
- We are part of the Government’s Disability Confident scheme that helps us access a wider pool of talent to meet our workforce needs and enables us to reflect the diversity of our customers.
- Educating the market and driving a consistent brand message to how our customers value diverse workforces.
- Leading on international searches as well as UK based.
- Interviewing candidates to the same functional competencies.
- Removing unconscious bias at every stage, both internally and continuing through Holmes Noble’s engagement process. Our consultants are all trained in unconscious bias and competency-based interviewing techniques.
- Conducting D&I surveys within our executive permanent and interim candidate pool to establish real time data.
- Operating by our own purposely designed DE&I policy.