Events and Media Manager
Holmes Noble are a progressive Executive Search, Interim and Consulting Firm who are entering their next period of growth. We are looking to appoint an experienced Events and Media Manager who can demonstrate ambition and drive to help the company to successfully deliver fantastic results. The role will plan and organise client events ensuring the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is marketed properly. Events play a huge part in the success of our brand and organisation, and this is a crucial role for the continued development of our business.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reporting to the Business Development Director in the firm and working closely with the Practice leads across the different sector practices to scope and prioritise client events that generates and nurtures qualified leads and strengthens relationships with existing customers.
- Manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the pre and post-event evaluation.
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations and budgets).
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire.
- Liaise with Practice Heads to produce content, publicise and promote the event.
- Manage all pre-event planning, organising guest speakers and delegate packs.
- Work with the Heads of Practices to target possible delegates for the events.
- Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget.
- Plan, develop, and implement effective lead generation and promotional campaigns from events
- Analyse and segment databases to ensure outbound marketing communications are precisely targeted and highly personalised.
- Compile pre and post event marketing material.
- Monitoring ongoing campaign spend against the budget, keeping accurate records, and calculating ROI.
- Developing relationships and liaising with PR partners and Media.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a B2B event management role ideally from a professional services background, however, will consider other sectors
- Extensive event management experience
- Evidence of campaign planning, design, and execution with tangible results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to translate complex technical information into plain English
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- An effective communicator and good interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills when looking for venues, suppliers and contractors
- Time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event
- Project management experience
- Strong understanding of social media platforms.