Terms and Conditions
This page and any documents referred to on it contain the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our site.
Interruptions and omissions in service
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Links to other sites
On this site you may be offered automatic links to other sites or resources provided by third parties which may be of interest to you. These links are provided for your information only. We do not have any control over the contents of those site or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may be suffered in connection with your use of them. Likewise, our linking to a third party website should not be interpreted as a form of endorsement or recommendation for the products or services offered on the third party’s site in question.
Information on this site
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date and we will not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in any of the information on this site.
Your use of this site
You may only use this site for lawful purposes when seeking employment or help with your career or when recruiting staff. You must not under any circumstances seek to undermine the security of the site or any information submitted to or available through it.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
The following content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We reserve the right to remove any information supplied by you from the site at our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without being required to give an explanation.
You agree to indemnify Holmes Noble on a full and continuing basis against any loss or damage suffered or costs (including legal costs) incurred by Holmes Noble in defending any action brought against Holmes Noble as a result of any information you have posted on the site.
Information submitted by you
We will use information provided by you (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) to assist in the recruitment process and associated administrative functions. This involves us, amongst other things, processing and storing information and releasing or making available such information to potential employers and clients; information about opportunities and placements will be passed to candidates and may be posted onto the site. We may obtain and combine data from the information supplied by you to help us to understand our users as a group so that we can offer you a better service. You consent to us using information provided by you in each of these ways.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You may not (whether directly or indirectly including through the use of any programme) create a database in electronic or other form by downloading and storing all or any part of the pages from this site without the written permission of Holmes Noble.
No part of this site may be reproduced, transmitted to or stored on any other website, disseminated in any electronic or non electronic form, or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system without the permission of Holmes Noble.
Any request for permission should be sent to Holmes Noble by email to email@example.com.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial or public purposes.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from use or misuse by you of this site.
You must notify us immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim against you relating to your use of this site.
Choice of law and jurisdiction
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to a visit to this site. English law will apply to these terms and conditions.
Some of the goods or services offered through this site may not be lawful or may otherwise not be permitted in certain countries outside the United Kingdom. If you attempt to order, receive, purchase or otherwise benefit from any such goods or services, we do not accept any liability for any losses suffered by you in using this site which you would not have suffered had you been accessing this site as a United Kingdom resident (including as a result of us being prevented from dealing with any application or enquiry by any law, regulation or other ruling applicable in any country).
Changes to these Terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our Site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time, including our terms and conditions. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Holmes Noble is a private limited company registered in England and Wales Registration no. 5323385. Registered office: DPC, Vernon Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2QY.